Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We Really Did It!


Tuesday, August 26

After a wonderful time, we finally left Victoria behind.  Two ferry rides and some driving brought us to this lovely house on a hill top, surrounded with beautiful trees.  Visiting Charlie and Robin seems like being in a great mountain lodge.  Remember the "Hundred Acre Woods" of Winnie the Pooh?  One could imagine being there!

Last night was a first for us:  We went to a professional baseball game.  As the little kid in glasses who always made the third out when the bases were loaded, I was surprised that I was even willing to go to this game.  I'm getting more broad-minded in my old age.

Anyway, we had a great time.  Charlie asked me what surprised me most:  Well this may sound pretty stupid, but remember my history!  I was surprised at how huge the field was.  I was shocked to see how many directions a hit could go, and it was amazing how well the outfielders caught the hit balls and how far they could throw them—and even throw them to the right places!

We won!  Yea!  Allison joined us, so it was great to have a little time with her as well.  We're having a good visit and have some fun things planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home